Hemp and its varying properties have become a staple in many of our everyday items. From body wash to beverages, the mainstream nature of hemp is hard to miss. There is confusion around the benefits and consumption of hemp, as historically hemp has been associated with cannabis consumption. However, the stigma and benefits of hemp go beyond a psychoactive sigh of relief, as this plant is now recognized for it’s many benefits in the medical and mental health community.
Hemp is a variety of the cannabis sativa plant and it’s known for its multitude of different uses and its sustainable cultivation. Aside from the eco-friendly nature of this plant and its varying benefits, CBD oil can be extracted from hemp leaves and flowers in order to be used to treat a wide variety of ailments. It’s important to know that there is a difference between broad-spectrum and full spectrum hemp extract, and it has much to do with THC content.
Full spectrum hemp extract contains small amounts of all components of the cannabis plant, including small amounts of THC. Broad-spectrum hemp extract typically doesn’t contain any THC, but it does have terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids which are the other therapeutic components of the hemp plant.
Here are 5 widely recognized benefits of broad-spectrum hemp CBD on the mind and body:
- Insomnia: Do you struggle to fall asleep at night or have issues staying asleep? While there are many causes of insomnia, studies show that Cannabidiol, the active ingredient in CBD, could help manage sleep problems. CBD is known to calm the mind and promote a state of relaxation, which directly affects your sleep.
- Acne: Clear skin is something we can all appreciate as we tend to feel our best when we look our best. Acne, and pimples specifically, are a manifestation of inflammation caused by various factors like stress, allergies, and environmental irritants. CBD may fight inflammation, thus fighting off those annoying bumps by topical and internal consumption.
- Anxiety: Feeling uneasy, anxious and worried due to rumination, overthinking, or a variety of other reasons can have negative impact on both your personal and professional life. Very severe cases of anxiety may include panic attacks and sleep problems. Studies show that hemp may have a calming effect on the mind, decreasing symptoms of anxiety significantly.
- Depression: Life circumstances are not the only causes of depression. Low serotonin levels have been linked to depression and Hemp may affect how your brain’s chemical receptors respond to the serotonin that’s already in your system. Many people have stated that they start to feel balanced again by consuming natural substances that help the body facilitate things more efficiently.
- Pain Relief: Being in physical pain is something we’ve all experienced at some point in our life, however finding natural ways to gain relief is key. Inflammation is one of the main causes of pain and can be triggered due to a variety of internal or external factors. CBD may combat inflammation in the body, thus aiding in pain management.
Broad-spectrum hemp extract has many benefits and can be used for a variety of health and wellness purposes. From getting a better night’s sleep to helping clear your skin, exploring the benefits of hemp is one of many natural ways to promote a healthier life.